Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art Education teaches students for pre-K-12 licensure. The degree teaches those teachers who enroll for learner-centered education with communicative, technical, and organizational skills with a fundamental understanding of the social and philosophic basics in education. In this degree, students will take classes that stay them up-to-date on art education research and presumptions behind creative education. Students will also get practical experience with diverse teaching methodologies and artistic tools.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art Education centers on formulating art education, modern studio skills, technology applications, training in liberal studies, and art history subject. Students who are pursuing this degree study about Art Education, School of Education, Studio Art, and Art History. The degree takes 4 years to complete. Throughout the first 2 years, students focus on studio prerequisites, liberal education, and art history. The 3rd and 4th years are used up fulfilling Art Education and Teacher Education prerequisites.
To get admission in Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art Education, students should hold a high school diploma. Students must have to show a letter of intent, a portfolio, and copies of latest transcripts.
Benefits of Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art Education
Here are the benefits of Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art Education -
- Students will get an active role in assessment, instructional planning, and demonstration, considering the range of population. Students will get well-known with modern and traditionalistic art education movements, consequences, and fundamentals.
- This degree is valuable for visual artists who expect that some project-based teaching work will add on their studio practice.
Job Prospects and Career Opportunities
After getting Bachelor of Arts in Art Education, students generally continue to pursue their teaching career. However, that is not the single career for professionals in art education. They may also move on to school administration positions. Students can also make careers in special education or art therapy. As an option to education, students can also do their individual art and get career opportunities in art design and production areas. Some common career options with this degree are -
- Kindergarten and Elementary School Art Teachers
- High School Art Teachers
- Special Education Teachers
- Art Museum and Gallery Educators
- Instructor and Program Directors