Psychology is the scientific subject area of human behavior and mental functions and one of the most popular fields of study. Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree is designed for students seeking to explore the thinking behind human behavior and the manners through which humans grow. Students cover difficult scientific and social conceptions in their coursework so they should be all set to give enough time to their studies. The degree takes 4 years to complete.
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree centers on number of psychological subjects like abnormal psychology, adolescent psychology, human development, childhood psychology, social psychology, and environmental psychology. This degree generally doesn`t qualify students to do job in a clinical location or treatment role but it can offer career opportunities in corrections, social work or recreational therapy. Students pursuing this degree generally take courses in -
- Research Methodology
- Behavioral Science
- Medical Ethics
- Psychological Abnormality
- Clinical Psychology
- Personality Theory
To get admission in Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, students should have a high school diploma or GED. Students, who have received an Associate degree or cleared some college courses, may perhaps be capable to transmit credits to their Bachelor degree program. Some universities or colleges may also required a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
Benefits of Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Psychology is one of the most popular subject areas for students. There are numerous benefits of pursuing Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree. Some of them are -
- This degree offers many skills that are highly considered by graduate schools and employers. In this degree, students learn critical thinking, research, measurement, and interpersonal communication skills.
- The degree offers an extensive array of career options, a number of which are not straightaway associated to science. Public relations and marketing sections notice that psychology majors have a great knowledge of what makes individuals susceptible to advertising.
Job Prospects and Career Opportunities
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree can qualify students for psychologist roles in federal government agencies and various other career options. Other possible career opportunities a graduate might find out in the fields of social services or social work, education, community relations, counseling assistance, and human resources. Popular career options for graduates are -
- Counseling Aide
- Case Managers
- Human Resource Specialists
- Education Specialist
- Psychiatric Technician
- Rehabilitation Specialist