Respiratory Care is a speedily developing accredited healthcare field. An online Associate of Science in Respiratory Care degree prepares students to grow to be respiratory therapists who examine, deal, and help patients suffering with respiratory problems. The degree trains students to turn out to be all-round experts and skilled advanced respiratory therapists. In this degree, students take part in practical training labs, lecture courses, and clinical practice in hospitals or related healthcare amenities.
An online Associate of Science in Respiratory Care degree`s course of study contains anatomy and methodological aspects of patient care. Students must have a proper knowledge of math and chemistry principles. The degree`s course topics include -
- Pediatrics and Neonatology
- Patient Assessment
- Introduction to Respiratory Care
- Clinical Practice
- Cardiopulmonary Pathophysiology
- Basics of Mechanical Ventilation
- Equipment Management
- Cardiopulmonary Diagnostics
Students who wish to get admission in online Associate degree in Respiratory Care should hold a GED or high school diploma. Before admission, students should have finished at least 12 hours of college assignments with chemistry and biology.
Benefits of Associate of Science in Respiratory Care
With online Associate degree in Respiratory Care, students will get following benefits -
- Students will gain basic knowledge about respiratory therapy theories regarding current practice.
- With this degree, students will be capable to perform the entire clinical procedural skills related to the purpose and value of respiratory care practice.
Job Prospects and Career Opportunities
Graduates having Associate of Science in Respiratory Care are eligible to work as entry-level respiratory therapists. Graduates can get many career opportunities in hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, private clinics, U.S. military and in-home care. Possible career options with this degree are -
- Pulmonary Diagnostician
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Certified Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist
- Clinical Respiratory Specialist
- Pediatric Respiratory Care Specialist
- Respiratory Care Practitioner